Monday, November 28, 2011

This is what inspiration looks like. Or else it's faulty photo lighting. Nah, I'm going with inspiration. It's more...inspiring. 
In my writing class, I realized that inspiration can come any time, any place. All we have to do is tune in. It works for anyone as soon as that "one" simply decides to pay attention and note anything interesting in their life, from the appearance of a jicama root in the produce aisle to a child bouncing a ball across the street. In fact, by paying attention in the past month, I've avoided running over a cockatiel and a tiny kitten on the road in front of my house. (On different days, mind you... the kitten wasn't going to eat the cockatiel. For one thing, the bird was bigger than the feline!) So practice this method, and you'll get better at it... as I improved my braking skills... by simply paying attention, asking yourself "what if?" and looking a little closer. Believe me, ideas will pop up like eggs. Yes, eggs. Did you notice what my inspiration guy statue is holding?

No comments:

Post a Comment